Global Research Council Seeking Topic Suggestions for 2025 Annual Meeting
GRC is inviting GRC participant organisations to submit topic suggestions for 2025 Annual Meeting to the Program Committee.
The Program Committee is tasked with considering suggestions for topics from GRC participants and providing recommendations to the Governing Board who will then endorse and announce the topic/topics for the following year.
If you would like to propose a topic or revisit a previous GRC topic, then please complete theTopic suggestion Form (attached) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 2nd February 2024. Before submitting a topic please consider and address the topic criteria below:
- The potential interest in the topic among GRC participants and the wider international community.
- The potential for the topic to lead to clear outputs and/or follow up actions.
- The appropriateness of the topic for the GRC, i.e. the ability of participants to influence or to address issues raised by the topic.
- The timeliness and relevance of the topic, if a previously discussed topic, why it is timely for the GRC to revisit it.
- Whether the topic is already being discussed, or is more appropriately discussed within other international forums, e.g. OCED Global Science Forum (GSF), International Council for Science (ICS), the Group of Senior Officials on Global Research Infrastructures (GSO), International Network for Government Science Advice (INGSA) etc.
- GRC participant organisations are permitted to submit more than one topic, but must provide a justification (maximum of one page) for each topic proposed, addressing the criteria for topic selection, as noted in the application form.
- These topic suggestions will be considered by the Program Committee for the 2025 Annual Meeting.
Overview of the main topics discussed at the previous Annual Meetings:
| ||2012||Washington DC|
| ||2016||New Delhi|
| ||2019||São Paulo|
| ||2021||Virtual (Durban)|
| ||2022||Panama City|
| ||2023||The Hague|
For further information relating to the Program Committee and submitting a topic suggestion, please email email@example.com.