Online workshop: Supporting the advancement of careers in research from an EDI perspective
Organized by the Gender Working Group of the GRC, the online workshop on “Supporting the advancement of careers in research from an EDI perspective” will take place on 2 November 2022, from 14.00 to 15.30 CET.
Participants to the workshop are expected to be representatives from GRC participating organisations, who are either involved in the development and management of EDI policies and activities or the management and development of research programmes. We would like to invite you to forward this invitation to the experts in your organisation that you would consider relevant.
About the Workshop
The workshop will aim to foster exchanges between representatives of GRC participating organisations on how to better support diverse and fair careers in research and academia. It will seek to highlight lessons learned, successes, and good practices. Specifically, it will address the following topics:
- Tools and mechanisms to assess research careers in a way that is fair and unbiased.
- Fighting precarity and improving the working conditions of women and minority groups.
- Support the mobility and career changes of women and minority groups in research.
- Bringing in the missing voices in the design and implementation of policies.
The event will be structured in two parts:
- A panel discussion with representatives of research councils from the Global North and Global South.
- Parallel breakout discussions on the topics identified above.