Call for expression of interest to host the 2023 Regional Meeting
The Global Research Council (GRC) invites participating research funding organizations to submit bids to host 2023 Regional Meetings of the Global Research Council. Five Regional Meetings are anticipated to take place from October to early December 2023 in:
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East/North Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa
Interested organizations should submit their bid to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2023, a decision should be announced by 1 April 2023.
For each Regional Meeting, it is anticipated that there will be a host Research Council and at least one co-host Research Council, and follow the criteria below:
- The hosts of the Global Research Council Regional Meetings should be selected to reflect, over the years, the diversity of research councils in the region.
- The host and the co-host of the Global Research Council Regional Meetings should be active participants from past GRC Regional Meetings.
- It is expected that the hosts will pay local costs associated with arranging the Regional Meetings.
- The hosts should assume that at least one staff member will represent each participating research council.
- It is expected that Participants will cover their own costs to attend the meeting.
- The Regional Meetings should be held between October and early December.
- The Regional Meetings should be coordinated so that they all occur on different dates
The bid should include the following information:
A completed application form (see attached)
- A short (maximum 5 pages) narrative in support of the application
The GRC Executive Support Group will assist all hosts in planning for the Regional Meetings. Questions regarding the selection process may be sent to the Executive Secretariat at email@example.com.